Colour Block Nails




Colour blocking nails. Fun to look at and fun to do!

I did my left hand pink and my right hand blue. As you can see in the picture to the right. This technique is quite fun. Easy to do with your strong hand, but can be a bit trickier with your weak hand. You'll be able to see I messed up a bit while doing my right hand, made a mess of my index finger! Unfortunate.
The pictures were all taken in day light. They were a mix of light, dark, metallic and glitter pink/blue. The nail varnishes I used are:

Left  Hand:
-Barry M; White
-Barry M; Shocking Pink
-Barry M; Pink/Silver Glitter
-Accessorize; Starlet
-Maybelline; Aruba Blue

Right Hand:
-Barry M; White
-Barry M; Blue Moon
-Barry M; Cyan Blue
-Barry M; Blue Glitter
-Essie; Aruba Blue 

This technique is relatively easy, all you need is striping tape and lots of varnish colours! :D If you want, here's how you do it:
  1. Prepare your nails. File, sort out cuticles & apply base coat, etc.
  2. Paint your nails with your base colour. This is the colour you want the gaps between each colour to be. I chose White- Barry M.
  3. Once your nails are completely dry put striping tape (or thin bits of sellotape) on your nails in any pattern you want. This is for the part that will stay white when the manicure is finished.
  4. Paint the blocks up to the tape. You can choose whatever colours you want and do any pattern you want. [I left my pinky plain glitter because I went wrong and didn't want to start again, so I did the same on my right hand.]
  5. When your done painting, you can remove the tape. You do not have to wait for the colours to dry when you do this, just be careful not to smudge the wet paint! 
  6. Top coat & clean up. You're ready to go! Simples. ;)
8/10 :D I messed up a bit. No one's perfect.


Thanks, as always!
Beth 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
ahnailzing
My name's Beth, I'm 16 and live in London, England. :D

I am an amateur nail art addict! I'm not very good yet, but practice makes perfect and I can't wait until I get as good as some of my friends are. I'm not always clean and precise, but I really enjoy doing my nails and I always try my hardest. :D
View my complete profile
Visitors
Locations of Site Visitors

Instagram

Total Pageviews