Alice in Wonderland Inspired Nail Art

Alice in Wonderland is my favourite childhood story. I have the book, the Disney film & the Tim Burton film (both are almost always in my DVD player) and two Alice in Wonderland necklaces; a key from the discontinued Swarovski Alice collection and a pocket watch with "drink me" on it, bought from this pretty little shop on the internet called Fallen Saint; check it out (it's a '.co.uk' website)!

I love Alice in Wonderland so much that for my GCSE art exam I did an Alice in Wonderland themed sketchbook. So, yesterday (or VERY early this morning) I thought, why not do some Alice in Wonderland nail art?

Each finger is painted differently, 'Mix 'n' Match': My thumb is the chess board with the White Rabbit's pocket watch on it; my index finger is the "Drink Me" tab; my middle finger  is an Ace of hearts card personalised for the Queen of Hearts; my 4th finger represents Alice's dress; finally, my pinky is the Cheshire Cat. I only used Barry M polishes for this design, along with my  super thin nail art brush. (See pictures below)

I am very happy with this design, I think it's really cute and very me! It took me about 2 hours. I spent most of the time doing my right hand, which in my opinion looks nowhere near as good as my left hand (because I'm right handed of course). But I always do both hands, maybe one day I'll become ambidextrous.







Barry M polishes- Gelly in 'Lychee', Strawberry Ice Cream, Blue Moon, Indigo, Red, Black, Gold Foil & Basic in White.
This is my thin nail art brush! I love it.

I'll give myself 9.5/10 for this ;)

Thanks for reading!
Beth


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
ahnailzing
My name's Beth, I'm 16 and live in London, England. :D

I am an amateur nail art addict! I'm not very good yet, but practice makes perfect and I can't wait until I get as good as some of my friends are. I'm not always clean and precise, but I really enjoy doing my nails and I always try my hardest. :D
View my complete profile
Visitors
Locations of Site Visitors

Instagram

Total Pageviews